Monday, May 21, 2007

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very MISERABLE Day!

Yeah, today goes down in history as being the worst day, like, EVER!

First off, I have an ingrown toenail. Normally I wouldn't feel comfortable sharing that disgusting detail with my thousands of readers, but I feel it's necessary. Yeah, that mofo is painful. And I am still nursing my stubbed toe from yesterday. My stumps are throbbing.

And my wisdom teeth are making their presence known. I haven't had a problem with them for four years, and all of a sudden I am in major pain. Oh..and FYI...Baby Orajel doesn't do much for wisdom teeth pain.

So I didn't even attempt to lay down until 4 AM last night because I knew I'd toss and turn all evening. I got about 4 hours of sleep.

And then I wake up this morning with a horrible flu bug. I've spent the entire day stumbling between the couch and the bathroom. Hubby let me squeeze in a nap earlier, but I still felt like I'd been run over by a Mack truck.

Then hubby had to go to sleep before he had to leave for work. I had to run to the store as we ahem...ran out of toilet paper. And I felt the need to chug some Pepto. So I bundled the girls up because Idaho is confused and thinks it is WINTER and it is freezing cold out. I was holding Alivia's carseat, diaper bag, and my purse. Chloe was walking down our ten wooden steps right in front of me. All of a sudden she trips and falls head first down the flight of stairs, head over heels, bumping into each hard stair, then slamming into the concrete at the bottom. My heart literally stopped. I set Ali down and ran down the stairs, scared to death because she was laying there at the bottom of the stairs not moving and I don't even want to type what ran through my head at that moment.

I picked her up, she had the wind knocked out of her, but then she caught her breath and started screaming. Her face had blood all over it. :(

So I run Chloe inside, set her on a kitchen chair then run back out to bring Alivia in. I wet down a washcloth and started wiping off blood, as I wasn't sure where it was coming from. Her nose was bleeding a little, but her mouth was bleeding a LOT. Once I was able to clean her up and calm her down a bit, I pulled her lip down. She must have bitten down hard, she had teeth marks and the inside of her lip is terribly cut up. She has a few other bumps and bruises. Her eyes are such a dark shade of brown, that I couldn't tell if her pupils were dilated at all.

I would have taken her to the ER, but once I got her cleaned up and calmed down, she was acting fine. So I settled her on the couch with her blankies and a popsicle and Happy Feet. I watched her closely the rest of the evening, and she seemed completely normal. I had called our nurse's emergency line and she said if Chloe threw up, acted dizzy, or was lethargic, we should go in.

I feel so sorry for the poor girl. Her lip is SO swollen and huge, I told Tony that she looks like Bubba off of Forrest Gump. I have my alarm set for every hour so I can check on her. I am still sick to my stomach with this stupid flu though. I just took a long hot bath and I am sitting here in my towel because I feel too weak to even get dressed!

So, now that you guys all know WAY too many gross details about my horrid day, I'll leave you with this piece of golden advice.

Stock up on toilet paper. You can never have too much.

7 comments:

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Oh JULIE! You poor, poor mama! That is a MISERABLE day. Poor sweet Chloe. I can only imagine how scary that was. Give her lots of extra hugs and kisses from me today.

Take care of yourself! I know it's SO hard to be the mama when you are sick. Wish I could come over and help you!!

Jules said...

Thanks Megan. I wish I was eleven years old again and could just lay on the couch watching TV and reading Baby Sitter's Club all day, while my mom brought me soup, medicine, juice, and all the pillows in the house. Those were the good ol' days!

Meghan said...

Oh honey... what an awful, awful day!! I can only imagine how scared you were when Chloe fell. My heart stopped when I read what happened. I hope most of the swelling has gone down... and that you're feeling better.

I wish I was there so I could take care of you the way you're taking care of your little punkins. Many, many cyberhugs coming your way.

Corey~living and loving said...

holy cow girl....that certainly does sound like the worst day ever. ugh. poor sweet chloe and poor sick mama. hugs!

Jules said...

Thanks ladies. I'm still feeling pretty awful, so I'm taking it easy again today. Hope this bug gets bored with me and flies away.

Helen said...

OMG! My heart stopped just reading that! I have such a paranoia about stairs. I hope Chloe is going to be okay. And I hope you get over your flu bug. It sounds like it's been just a terrible week all around.

Kristen said...

Awww, poor little Chloe (and mommy!). I hope everyone is doing better!!!