Thursday, May 29, 2008

Two All-Beef Patties, Special Sauce, Lettuce, Cheese, Pickles, Onion, on a Sesame Seed Bun!

I'm going raw and I'm going vegatarian!!!!

Well, kind of.

There is no way I could live the raw or vegan lifestyle all the time. I was a vegetarian for several years and really felt healthy and wonderful, and lost a lot of weight, but I won't kid myself, it would be nearly impossible now.

But I am making a committment to eat one raw meal a month, and one vegetarian dinner a week. That's 56 meals sans meat, and 12 meals sans heat!

We very rarely have meat for breakfast, maybe one or two Saturdays a month we will have bacon or sausage links. And we eat a lot of organic PB&J's on whole wheat for lunch, since that is the only thing Chloe will eat lately. Sigh.

But the real challenge is dinnertime. The Hubs is a meat eater, and I am sure he will be until he is in the nursing home, using his dentures to chew his steak. I am not a huge red meat fan, but I like me some chicken.

This week our vegatarian meal was corn on the cob, baked sweet potatoes and a big green salad. Both of my kids gobbled it up, and The Hubs made a good effort. Although I am relatively sure he picked up a Big Mac on the way to his night shift at work.

I don't think the once a week herbivore diet will be that hard. It's the raw meal that I am having a hard time with. I can't see myself wrapping up tofu in seaweed and serving it with a chunk of fresh coral reef or something. There has to be a collection of raw recipes out there that are actually doable, affordable, and tasty. Anyone have a great raw recipe or idea to share???

5 comments:

fairytalesandmargaritas said...

Good for you. Unfortunately, I don't like vegetables. So doing anything sans meat is hard for me.

Corey~living and loving said...

in regards to the no meat meals you could try pasta, beans, rice and stuff like that. I actually rarely eat meat, but mostly because I am lazy. LOL

Homemade mac and cheese is good. You'll get some protien in there to keep you full.

Susan said...

Way to go Jules! A good friend of mine did the raw diet for two weeks and lost quite a bit of weight and had a lot more energy! I, however, am way to in love with meat to give it up....

Anonymous said...

打工兼差



禮服店



酒店工作



酒店打工



酒店兼職



寒假打工



酒店經紀



台北酒店



酒店上班



酒店經紀人



台北酒店經紀



酒店兼差

aiya said...

Office 2010
Microsoft Office 2010
Microsoft word
Office 2007
Microsoft Office
Microsoft Office 2007
Office 2007 key
Office 2007 download
Office 2007 Professional
Outlook 2010
Microsoft outlook
Microsoft outlook 2010
Windows 7