Thursday, July 19, 2007

Vacuums and Vodkas

Hello, my name is Julie. And I am a binge cleaner.

Just like a binge drinker, but with a broom instead of a beer. Like a college co-ed, I abstain for most of the week. Then the weekend hits, and I find myself spending hours cleaning as much as I can.

After a weekend of heavy drinking and partying, the binge drinker usually needs a day or two to recover. She rests in a dimly lit room, pops Advil, and runs to the bathroom. She vows to the toilet bowl "I will never drink that much again!"

Likewise, the binge cleaner needs to recover after a weekend of heavy scrubbing. She collapses on the couch, the lingering scent of cleaning fumes still thick in the air and vows "I will never clean that much again!"

But alas, the weekend comes, and with it the promises of mops for one, and martinis for the other. One throwing trash out, the other throwing tequila up. Both will probably spend time on their knees, one scrubbing the floor, and the other..er...

As much as I loathe cleaning, I much prefer it over raging hangovers and cheap beer.

8 comments:

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Do you really hate cleaning? That suprises me - you do such a good job with FlyLady and all. . .

This was really funny! Such a great analogy . . . Don't work too hard this weekend, okay?

Lori- Fairytales & Margaritas said...

I do the same thing. Except I only do the heavy cleaning before people come over. And I do the heavy drinking for the same reason (usually it's the ILs coming over)!

Andrea said...

LOL Lori...me too!!!

But I wish I had this problem! My house suffers...badly!

Corey~living and loving said...

LOL you kill me Julie! I get all giddy when I see a new post from you! :) I mean it!
I am a binge cleaner also. I tend to go long spurts of ignoring the clutter, then I hit it hard and wear myself out. it is a vicious cycle!

eda said...

情趣按摩棒,自慰套,角色扮演,按摩棒,跳蛋,跳蛋,
情趣,情趣,角色扮演服,吊帶襪,丁字褲,情趣用品,情趣用品,跳蛋,男女,
潤滑液,SM,情趣內衣,內衣,性感內衣,自慰器,充氣娃娃,AV,
按摩棒,電動按摩棒,飛機杯,視訊,自慰套,自慰套,

Michael J said...

I love your blog very much,and i also want to introduce my products to all of you,them are nice and very fashion,if you like them,please contact us on our website or eamil us,thks very much for your attention.And this is my products below:
authentic gucci bags, gucci boots outlet
cheap gucci shoes, discount Gucci bags
newest gucci handbags, gucci handbags 2010
Juicy couture, authentic Juicy bags
Juicy handbags outlet, tiffany 2010
Tiffany, tiffany outlet
discount tiffany charms, cheap tiffany Bangles
Armani watches outlet, watch wholesale
discount DG watches, cheap Chanel watches
newest GUCCI watches, wholesale edhardy t shirt
Moncler, Mtb shoes
Moncler jackets, cheap Moncler coats
Moncler Vest, Moncler outlet
moncler polo t shirt, MBT boots
MBT shoes in fashion, cheap mbt shoes sale
discount mbt outlet 2010, MBT Walking Shoes

Michael J said...

I love your blog very much,and i also want to introduce my products to all of you,them are nice and very fashion,if you like them,please contact us on our website or eamil us,thks very much for your attention.And this is my products below:
BABYLISS
Benefit GHD
GHD IV Salon Styler
GHD MINI STYLER
GHD Precious Gift Set
Gold GHD
Kiss GHD
Pink GHD
Pure Black GHD
Pure White GHD
Purple GHD
Rare GHD
cheap ugg boots
discount ugg boots
ugg boots
classic ugg boots
ugg classic tall boots

aiya said...

Office 2010
Microsoft Office 2010
Microsoft word
Office 2007
Microsoft Office
Microsoft Office 2007
Office 2007 key
Office 2007 download
Office 2007 Professional
Outlook 2010
Microsoft outlook
Microsoft outlook 2010
Windows 7