Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Annnnd......she's off!

We have runnage!!! Alivia took off like a jet plane. She is now running from room to room, pushing her dolly in a stroller all the way across the house, and climbing all over the place. She is powerful, busy, and incredibly strong-minded. And only 10 and a 1/2 months old.

I am also pretty convinced that she was a dog in her past life. She likes to watch us with eager eyes as we eat, hoping we will drop a crumb for her to gobble up. She enjoys splashing in the toilet, and the other day she licked my face.

When I'm not chasing after the little monster, or entertaining a toddler, I'm thinking about the holiday season. I've been brainstorming affordable gifts for my little spawn. I've decided on a box full of paints and paintbrushes for Chloe. She absolutely lives for painting. She will often bring me a fresh piece of paper and state very matter-of-factly "I paint dis." It is not uncommon for her to also tap her sister on the head and declare "I paint dis too." Whenever I pull the art box out, she starts to jump up and down and shake and sputter and get really giddy, and I start to think I should call 911 or something. Paint is her toddler drug. She has to get her fix every day.

Our local craft store had bottles of paint for a buck apiece, so I grabbed a slew of colors, a handful of brushes, and a few packs of construction paper. Threw it in a shoebox, tied on a ribbon, and voila....crack-in-a-box!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh goodness Crack-in-a-box! :)
I will have you know that I have to literally pull teeth for the boys to paint, draw anything! To have them sit somewhere for more than 5 mins!

Once again...I cannot believe Ali! WTH! She's the same age as Ben...& let me tell you TG Ben is not as mobile...I have my hands full now! I can't even imagine!

Jules said...

LOL Jen, are you sure we can't trade babies???!

I love that Chloe is so creative, but "I WANNA PAINT DIS" over and over again can get just slightly annoying!

Corey~living and loving said...

sounds like a perfect gift for you sweet chloe. :)

I am in aw of your ali.....that is nuts. I have no idea what I would do with a baby running through the house. eeeekkkkk

aiya said...

Office 2010
Microsoft Office 2010
Microsoft word
Office 2007
Microsoft Office
Microsoft Office 2007
Office 2007 key
Office 2007 download
Office 2007 Professional
Outlook 2010
Microsoft outlook
Microsoft outlook 2010
Windows 7